How’s it going fellow readers? I just started my side hustle to success blog series and I thought every once in awhile I should through in some other fun blog posts to keep things interesting. I always see the most random life hacks scrolling through Facebook. It’s usually something like 9 ways to open a beer without a bottle opener. Most of the time their pointless hacks that make you say “that’s cool” but, realistically you’ll never do it. I knew there had to be some that could help you achieve your goals in life. So, I decided to do some research and write this life hack post.
Fitness Life Hacks
Tired of not hitting your fitness goals? Try some of these fitness life hacks to achieve your goals.
- Hate running? well here’s an idea start with one minute and everyday add one more minute until you hit your running or walking time goal.
- Add fresh squeezed lemon juice to your morning water. It gives you energy, flushes your body of toxins, and keeps your digestive system working as it should.
- Drink more water. This one’s so important not only for your health but, for weight loss as well. Get a marker and mark times of the day on a clear bottle. For example 9am will be a quarter of the way down the bottle, 10 am will be half way down the bottle, 11am with be 3/4ths of the way down the bottle, and noon will be at the bottom of the bottle. That way every hour you have a water goal you need to hit.
- Meal prep! You will no succeed if you tell yourself you’re going to buy something healthy when you go to lunch with co-workers. Prep healthy lunches for the week and take them to work with you. Not only will you save money but, it will take away a lot of the temptation.
- Chew gum to get rid of cravings.
- Make a schedule of all your meals and workouts. This will help you stick to your goal. Every time you look at it, it’s keeping you focused on your goal and helps motivate you again.
- Take stretch breaks at work. Sitting for long periods of time is not good for you. Get that blood flowing and get focused again.
- Are you a TV watcher? Don’t feel so guilty. Set up a exercise goal to do during commercials. Trust me doing 20 push ups an 10 sit ups every commercial break adds up.
- Distract yourself during your workout. I hate running on treadmills. I always catch myself staring at the clock and time drags by. Watch a tv show or better yet find a good audio book and only allow yourself to listen to it while you work out.
- Drink green tea. Cut out the sugary drinks and if you need flavor drink green tea. Studies have found it will help reduce weight.
Financial Life Hacks
- Get large new bills. Our brain has a harder time spending new large bills rather than an old five or ten dollar bill.
- Invest your money don’t just save it. Why put money in the bank when you can have your money make money for you? Check out the app called Stash.
- Use Acorns or other apps to round up your digital pennies. Pretty soon you’ll have a nice chunk of cash in your account. Sign up here and get five bucks free. https://acorns.com/invite/JQUN93
- Make some side income. I’m signed up for acorns, rover(Dog sitting and walking), and wrapify. With these apps I’m making additional income to pay bills.
- Make sure you got your 401k in check. I know they have apps out there to help you make sure your 401k is on track. Check out the app Bloom.
- Cut expenses you don’t need and use that money to pay off debt. (Cable, Netflix, Spotify, Pandora, Starbucks, Unlimited Phone Data, Etc.)
- If you have a credit card nd it doesn’t have a rewards program get one with a rewards program. If you’re going to use a credit card might as well get cash back every once in awhile.
Fun Life Hacks
- Need a stress ball? Fill a ballon up with old tooth paste and tie the balloon. Might need to cover it with an extra balloon just in case.
- Save yourself some space. Use a Soda can tab to offset hangers in your closet.
- Got a job interview. Use a hair straightener to iron your shirt’s collar.
- Get a sponge and fill it with water. Stick it in a plastic bag and freeze it. Bam! you have an ice pack.
- Use a bread tab to hold your spot on a tape roll.
- Toothpaste can be used to clear your hazy car headlights.
- Ever have a hard time holding the small sliver of bar soap that’s left? Stick it to a new bar of soap and finish using it.
- Chew gum while to cut onions to stop your eyes from watering.
- Don’t burn yourself lighting candles. Light a dry spaghetti noodle and use that to light your candle.
- Rub a walnut on damaged wood to cover up dings in your furniture.
I hope you enjoyed these life hacks. If you have any comments or other life hacks please share.